Please note as of July 2020, we are closed to new members at this time but please check back periodically to see if things have changed!
Thank you for your interest in joining Ladies of Horror Fiction. We are a small organization dedicated to putting a spotlight on the underrepresented, and it is heart-warming that so many people have expressed interest in joining us.
Because of that interest, we thought we’d lay out the guidelines for membership with us. We want people that are truly passionate about what we are doing, and that understand and appreciate the value of teamwork and who are in it for the long haul.
We understand not everyone is a good fit for every organization. If a member is no longer able to actively contribute, we ask that they let us know so we can restructure accordingly. The LOHF co-founders also reserve the right to restructure/remove membership due to non-participation.
These are our specifications according to those precepts:
1. We are looking for members of the community who already enthusiastically participate in LOHF activities. That means this person is participating in the official #LOHFReadalongs, our Bookstagram challenges, and will join us in our Banshee Reads on a regular basis.
2. This person promotes women in horror fiction via reviewing horror works from female writers, retweeting related items on Twitter (if applicable), and doing Bookstagram posts showcasing works from these writers.
3. This person will have the time to devote to a project that we all take very seriously and will volunteer to help out in various ways.
4. This person must be familiar with our projects and website content.
5. This person must have working knowledge of the WordPress platform or have a willingness to learn on their own. We currently have an amazing Twitter & #Bookstagram team and need help working on site related content.
If you share our mission, are dependable, can work independently as well as with a team and are drama-free we would love to hear from you. Please reach out by completing the form below.