Carina Bissett is a writer, poet, and educator working primarily in the fields of dark fiction and interstitial art. Her short fiction and poetry has been published in multiple journals and anthologies including Hath No Fury, Gorgon: Stories of Emergence, Mythic Delirium, NonBinary Review, and the HWA Poetry Showcase Vol. V and VI. She teaches online workshops at The Storied Imaginarium and she is a graduate of the Creative Writing MFA program at Stonecoast. Her work has been nominated for several awards including the Pushcart Prize and the Sundress Publications Best of the Net. She was also the first recipient of the Annual LOHF Writers Grant. Links to her work can be found at carinabissett.com.
- Finalist, Writers of the Future, 1st quarter, 2019.
- Silver Honorable Mention, Writers of the Future, 4th quarter, 2018.
- “C8 : A Tessellation of Faces, Wings, and other Obscure Things,” NonBinary Review, Zoetic Press, July 2018. *Nominated for Best of the Net Award.
- “The Sweet Sleep of Roses or, After the Fall,” NonBinary Review #15 We Have Always Lived in the Castle, Zoetic Press, January 2018. *Nominated for the Pushcart Prize.
- Honorable Mention, Writers of the Future, 4th quarter, 2017.
- Honorable Mention, Writers of the Future, 2nd quarter, 2017.
- “Swimming with the Shark Boys,” Mythic Delirium, May 2016. *Honorable mention in Best Horror of the Year by Ellen Datlow.
- “The Yellow Press of an Ancient Power,” NonBinary Review #5 The King in Yellow, Zoetic Press, June 2015. *Nominated for Sundress Best of the Net.
- “Wild Girl,” NonBinary Review, Zoetic Press, June 2014. *Nominated for Sundress Publications Best of the Net Award and the Pushcart Prize.
Most Recently Published Work (as of November 2019)
Be changed. Gorgon: Stories of Emergence contains 42 transformative stories spanning all genres from both emerging and new voices alike, with all new stories by Gwendolyn Kiste, Richard Thomas, Annie Neugebauer, Eden Royce, Beth Cato, D.A. Xiaolin Spires and more, and featuring 10 illustrations by Carrion House.
If you are a LOHF author and would like to see your profile listed on our website please click here to submit your information.