Caryn Larrinaga is a Basque-American mystery, horror, and urban fantasy writer. Her debut novel, Donn’s Hill, was awarded the League of Utah Writers 2017 Silver Quill in the adult novel category and was a 2017 Dragon Award finalist.
Watching scary movies through split fingers terrified Caryn as a child, and those nightmares inspire her to write now. Her 90-year-old house has a colorful history, and the creaking walls and narrow hallways send her running (never walking) up the stairs. Exploring her fears through writing makes Caryn feel a little less foolish for wanting a buddy to accompany her into the tool shed.
Caryn lives near Salt Lake City, Utah, with her husband and their clowder of cats. She is an active member of the League of Utah Writers and an affiliate member of the Utah Chapter of the Horror Writers Association.
- League of Utah Writers 2017 Silver Quill for Donn’s Hill
- Dragon Awards 2017 Finalist for Donn’s Hill
- 2018 League of Utah Writers Speculative Fiction Contest, Third Place for A Friend In Need
- 2019 League of Utah Writers Short Fiction Contest, 2nd Honorable Mention for “The Devil’s Way Out”
- 2020 League of Utah Writers Speculative Fiction Contest, First Honorable Mention for “No Soliciting”
Most Recently Published Work (as of February 2021)
Annie needs to stay awake. But there aren’t enough energy drinks in the world to stop the ghostly figure of her comatose roommate, Emily, from showing up every time Annie gets tired.
Annie isn’t sure if it’s possible to be haunted by someone who’s still alive, but one thing is certain: Emily needs help. And who can resist a friend in need?
- Hide and Seek Goodreads | Bookshop | Amazon
- Donn’s Hill Goodreads | Bookshop | Amazon
- Donn’s Shadow Goodreads | Bookshop | Amazon
- Donn’s Legacy Goodreads | Amazon
If you are a LOHF author and would like to see your profile listed on our website please click here to submit your information.