Lori R. Lopez wears many hats (literally and otherwise). An award-winning author, poet, and illustrator as well as a songwriter, Lori’s books include The Dark Mister Snark, Leery Lane, An Ill Wind Blows, Odds & Ends: A Dark Collection, The Witchhunt, and Darkverse: The Shadow Hours. Verse and prose have appeared in numerous anthologies and magazines such as The Horror Zine, Weirdbook, The Sirens Call, Bewildering Stories, H.W.A. Poetry Showcases, California Screamin’ (the Foreword Poem), Grey Matter Monsters, Dead Harvest, and Fearful Fathoms Volume I.
A member of the Horror Writers Association, the Science Fiction & Fantasy Poetry Association, and the Lewis Carroll Society Of North America, Lori resides in Southern California and co-owns Fairy Fly Entertainment with her two talented sons. They are also vegans, activists, filmmakers, and members of a band called The Fairyflies.
- Two-time 2020 Rhysling Award Nominee for her poems “Crop Circles” and “Nocturnal Embers”
- 2018 Elgin Award Nominee for her poetry collection Darkverse: The Shadow Hours
- Three First Places in the 2018 Royal Dragonfly Book Awards (The Strange Tail Of Oddzilla two awards and An Ill Wind Blows)
- Finalist for Poetry in the 2018 Kindle Book Awards (Darkverse: The Shadow Hours)
- Second Place for Poetry in the 2016 Purple Dragonfly Book Awards (The Dark Mister Snark)
- Second Place for Humor in the 2015 Purple Dragonfly Book Awards (The Fairy Fly)
- Winner in the 2014 San Diego Book Awards (The Fairy Fly)
- Young Adult Winner in the 2014 Great Southwest Book Festival (The Fairy Fly)
- Winner of the 2011 VINOWRIMO Award (An Ill Wind Blows)
- Second Place in the 2001 Regional CATE Professional Writing Awards for her poem “Wordsmith”
Most Recently Published Work (as of April 2020)
The Darkness beckons in this eerie fable of a night gone wrong. Someone is knocking, from inside the house. From the other side of the cellar door!
What murky fate awaits in the shadows beneath her home? A frightful evening connects to a scary incident from the past, forcing Cynthia Goodwin to accept a painful truth about herself . . . and what lies in the dark down there.
Author of Leery Lane, The Witchhunt, Monstrosities, Samhain, Cornstalker, Old Bogey and other chilling yarns, Lori R. Lopez presents a haunting choice: to flee the house or remain and protect a litter of kittens from an unknown menace. What would you do in her Bunny Slippers?
A blend of suspenseful, humorous and quiet shivers, the short story also contains touches of Psychological and Cosmic Horror. It will be featured in Lori’s Spooktacular Tales Ghost Collection, coming soon!
- The Witchhunt Goodreads | Amazon
- Cornstalker Goodreads | Amazon
- The Shadow Hours: Darkverse #1 Goodreads | Amazon
If you are a LOHF author and would like to see your profile listed on our website please click here to submit your information.