Multiple Scribe and Rhysling Award nominee Marsheila (Marcy) Rockwell is the author of twelve books to date. Her work includes 7 SYKOS, a near future SF/H thriller co-written with writing partner/husband Jeff Mariotte; The Shard Axe series, the only official novels that tie into the popular fantasy MMORPG, Dungeons & Dragons Online; two collections; dozens of short stories and poems; multiple articles on writing and the writing process; and a handful of comic book scripts. She is also a disabled pediatric cancer and mental health awareness advocate, and a reconnecting Chippewa/Métis. She resides in the Valley of the Sun, where she writes dark fiction and poetry in a home she and her family have dubbed ‘Redwall.’
- 2021 Rhysling Award Nominee: “Caged,” American Diversity Report, Dec 2020
- 2020 Rhysling Award Nominee: “Stormbound,” Polu Texni, Feb 2019
- 2018 Dwarf Stars Award Nominee: “Beauty, Sleeping,” Starward Tales II antho, Sept 2017
- 2013 Scribe Award Nominee: Skein of Shadows, Wizards of the Coast, July 2012
- 2013 Rhysling Award Nominee: “Enter Persephone,” Lissette’s Tales of the Imagination, Dec 2012; “Profane Inspiration,” Cthulhu Haiku antho, Oct 2012
- 2012 Dwarf Stars Award Nominee: “Graveside Spell,” Halloween Haiku, October 2011
- 2012 Scribe Award Nominee: The Shard Axe, Wizards of the Coast, Sept 2011
- 2010 Rhysling Award Nominee: “Of Amaranth and Honey,” Paper Crow #0, Fall/Winter 2009; “Nonrenewable Resources,” Star*Line 32.4, July/August 2009
- 2009 Rhysling Award Nominee: “Another Fairy Tale Ending,” Dreams & Nightmares 81, Sept 2008
- 2008 Rhysling Award Nominee: “Brothers in Arms,” Mythic Delirium 17, Summer/Fall 207; “Those Who Wait,” Ideomancer 6.3, Sept 2007
- 2007 Rhysling Award Nominee: “Pilate’s Wife,” The Sword Review 13, April 2006
- 2006 Rhysling Award Nominee: “Fairy Tale Ending,” Mytholog 3.3, Summer 2005
- 1994 Dell Magazine Award for Undergraduate Excellence in Science Fiction and Fantasy Writing — Honorable Mention: “Auf Widershins” (Montana State University)
What doesn’t kill me, might make me kill you!
30 women authors from around the world were challenged to write about The One That Got Away. Here you’ll find tales of unrequited love, blind dates gone wrong, stalkers and their prey, cursed guitars, alien symbiotes, sinister letters, and bitter acts of revenge. Dive into murky depths and discover what hides inside the minds of women scorned..
Book 3 in the Kandisha Press Women of Horror Anthology Series
#frightgirlwinter recommended reading!
With Foreword by Gwendolyn Kiste (Bram Stoker Award Winning Author of The Rust Maidens)
- Straight Outta Deadwood Goodreads | Bookshop | Amazon
- V-Wars: Shockwaves Goodreads | Bookshop | Amazon
- 7 Sykos with Jeff Mariotte Goodreads | Bookshop | Amazon
If you are a LOHF author and would like to see your profile listed on our website please click here to submit your information.